Monday, July 30, 2007

Frost's 15th on Foot

Yesterday the weather held out for the Frost's 15th Anniversary Sponsored Walk, in aid of the Rainbow Trust Children's Charity and in tandem with my own efforts as the Princess of Purple.


We set off at 12.00pm from Frost's Chequer Street branch (although Mum and I had actually walked from Harpenden to get there, so that we could prove to everyone how easy the walk was). Then, as a slightly fractured group of Frost's staff, family and furry friends, we walked to the the Leyton Road branch of Frost's in Harpenden.


The picture above left shows us all ready to go (with me and my Mummy and Molly and Coco on the far left).

As a few people got distracted by the cricket being played on Harpenden common, my Dad managed to arrive first, at 1.20pm, and to ensure success sprinted the last few feet - which was very amusing to watch. And then everyone else arrived ready for champagne and to be taken for a three course celebratory lunch at the Harpenden House Hotel.

So here we all are at the Harpenden branch with our champagne. I'm drinking mine from a special hiker's wine glass that my friend Robert bought me - the thought it was the first thing I would need to get through my training, and he wasn't wrong!


So, to reiterate, Mum and I had already done the 5 mile approx walk twice, but then Mum decided to see if anyone would offer any more money for her to walk it again, and when £140 was speedily laid down on the lunch table (inlcuing £20 from the waiter), we reluctantly set off again back to St Albans.



So in this final shot we have a picture of me half way between Harpenden and St Albans collapsed under the PYO sign!
It was a really fun day though, and I look forward to everyone's sponsorship money rolling in!

2 Comments:

At 5:07 AM, Blogger Louise said...

I loved reading this Charlotte - what a fab job u are doing, both on the fundraising and training front. Congratualtions.

When do you leave for Peru?
Lxx

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger Charlotte Frost said...

Awwww, shucks, I'ms just doings me best!

I'm off on the 14th Sept, which leaves just enough time to hike a few hills and chase some more sponsorship...

c
xx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home