Monday, August 20, 2007

Still Going Ahead

To all those who have checked, I can confirm that the trip to Peru is still going ahead, despite the recent earthquake. The Earthquake itself was further south than we are going, but the trip organisers are keeping tabs on things. The official line at the moment is:

"Following Wednesday’s earthquake in Peru’s central coast region, we would like to reassure you that this does not affect any of our trips. The worst-affected areas are south of the capital, Lima, and a long way from Cuzco and the Andes trekking region. Any impact on Lima’s services will be resolved long before our first groups fly there en-route to Cuzco next month.
Our thoughts are with those who have lost homes and loved ones following the earthquake."

I am of course extremely sad for all the people whose lives have been affected and to be perfectly honest, quite apprehensive about visiting Peru, but I am glad that we will not directly encounter any of the affected areas, I am not sure that I could handle such devastation. It isn't that I don't care, I just don't think I could cope.

1 Comments:

At 2:33 PM, Blogger Louise said...

go go girrl... I am rooting for you - hope you get chance t post before you depart... thinking of you
Lxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home